Here we focus on Comp Card Printing for models! Now that you understand what a comp card is and what to include on yours (article here), it’s time to print your modeling cards and start booking some work!
Comp card printing can seem overwhelming if you don’t know where to start, which is why we have provided a few recommended comp card printers / options below to hopefully help guide you in the right direction.
- Fromex has solid 5-star reviews online, and it is easy to see why. They offer a super simple drag and drop template to design/create your own comp card instantly. Plus there is no minimum order on your zed cards! If you would prefer to have them design your comp card instead, they charge an extra $25 for one side, or $40 for both sides.
Their website: http://fromex.com/compcards-zedcards-headshots.html
- Believe it or not, ModelMayhem can print your modeling comp cards too! If you are already a member of ModelMayhem, it will also score you a (small) discount. They have numerous pre-designed comp card templates for you to pick from.
Their website: http://www.modelmayhem.com/shop/print/compcards
- This company been in the business of printing model comp cards since 1989. They also offer high-quality modeling comp cards. You can purchase 100 comp cards for $99 here.
Their website: https://www.photoscanonline.com/
- OTL Graphics gets a recommendation simply based on their reviews. They are known for quality, plain and simple.
Their website: http://www.otlgraphics.com/index.html
- Lastly, here you can get model comp cards printed with same or next-day turnaround time (if you are local to Los Angeles), which is nice for those needing them printed on super short notice (aka everybody IN Los Angeles). And don’t worry if you live elsewhere – they ship!
Their website: http://www.printing4today.com/products/zed-cards-comp-cards
There are many other choices out there for comp card printing; we have listed just a few of what we feel are good options- but you can certainly find someone on your own too! Just do your research first: look for testimonials on their website, and Google them to see if there are negative reviews not listed on their site. Also, if their website looks hopelessly outdated… do some more digging. Check their social media profiles (which should be on their website). Has their once-active @modelcompcardprintingbadass Twitter account been dormant for 2 years? If so, you need to continue to search! Geez, I hope that’s not really somebody’s Twitter name and I’m calling them out right now. LOL. One last thing to note – another option is to simply search locally instead of online. A lot of small, local print shops are hidden gems- great prices, loyal customers, and quality comp card printing with a much faster turnaround.
**Update: Our readers have been kind enough to write us and share their own personal recommendations/favorite comp card printers for models. You can view the list containing their suggestions here: https://modelmentors.com/comp-card-printing-2/**
As always, we hope we have helped- if you have any recommendations for great comp card printing companies, please comment below or email us!
You can also check out more modeling tips and advice here!